Silence.

Dear Internet,

You've served me in many purposes over the majority of my life. 90% of that time it created a deeper and deeper hole for my laziness. But are you to blame? There is no one to blame but myself. In a world growing rapidly in technology, it's hard to escape your entertainment. But what are you, really? Why do you hold so much importance in my life? I ask myself this question from time to time; What would I do without a computer? What would I do without the internet? Would it matter that I wasn't in tune with every one's social updates? Would I survive if I didn't finish my show Burn Notice? Would I overcome the weakness when it comes again?

In a week from now on my days off.. What will happen when I have nothing to do? Perhaps out of boredom comes inspiration.. What if inspiration was born specifically from creativity?

In a month from now, granted I survive the weeks prior.. what will happen if I find that I need the internet to get by? Anywhere from a blog, to looking something up on Google.. Getting directions or checking my email.

I can't count how many times I've wished I was blind so I could get passed my pride, lust, or simply appreciating life all the more.

I can't count how many times I've wished I was on a deserted island to reach a point where I get past all these distractions and get to the core of God's will for me.

Why does it have to be an extreme measure for me to SEE?
How many more nights will I be up at 2am writing a blog about mountains I seem to climb but come up against the same mountain a week later?

I'm taking a break. Entertainment, mostly. Silence and solitude, I hope.
Just for a little while. No revelations or resolutions.
What comes out of this will between me and God, and the evidence of change you see.

Apart from that, I suppose I'll write another entry in a week or two.

So, dear reader, I ask you this. What's most important in your life and the evidence to prove it? Are you TRULY to the point where you ask yourself on a daily basis.."What can I do today to give God the glory He deserves?" or "Who can I pray for today?" or "Okay Lord, today is a special day because YOU created it. Today you've given me life, you've given me breath and for a reason! Just like the lions roar and the eagles soar, Jesus lives for me today. Who can I serve..."

0 comments: