Nothing but joy.

Sometimes.. you have no power over the impulse to smile, sing, or drop to your knees and just thank God for the daily joy He gives you. Is it just me?

Something about me that is quite obvious if you know me at all.
I'm a bit emotional.

Most of you will chuckle and ask, "A bit?"

Either way, I was once told that the ratio on men is about 80/20.
80% Thinkers
20% Emotional.

I definitely fall into that 20%. I consider this a blessing.
I feel happiness stronger than most.
I feel joy stronger than most.
I feel sorrow stronger than most.
I feel other people's emotions stronger than most.
Why God, have you blessed me with this? Why have you created me to FEEL much more deeper joy or sorrow? Teach me how to use this to Your glory, Lord..

Faith Bible Institute was amazing tonight.
Don't get me wrong, I enjoy every second of the knowledge and wisdom he gives.. But I wish he'd talk more about Jesus. Instead of using the term Savior, sometimes I wish he'd say the name; JESUS! Although I'm sure he has his reasons so I'm not one to complain. Perhaps that's my own impulse to want to shout the name Jesus on the rooftops. I might get shot for that though....... FOR CHRIST! =D

(By the way, I'm sorry for the way I phrased my comment to you at church. Instead of telling you to update your blog, I really wanted just to ask when the next update is coming. Instead it came out more as a demand which I never meant for it to be. Sorry!) Comment directed towards one person that hopefully reads this.

Anyway, So it's apparently my birthday tomorrow. But what does this even mean?
Jeremy's Birth Day. Day of my birth. The birth of another sinner in which murdered Jesus. But through His death, burial and resurrection I was washed by the blood of the Lamb, cleansed and justified through Christ so that I may be saved and indeed do some good in this temporary life. To serve HIM well and to love others as HE loved me. So you see my birthday shouldn't actually be anything about me, but merely a reminder that Jesus, God clothed in flesh, sent to die on the cross for my sins so that I may have life. Thank you Jesus. Thank you at the fact that even if I was the only person on this planet, you'd still hang on the cross for me for the joy that was set before you and save a sinner like me.

What an amazing truth to dwell on.

The few people who read this, I ask you..
What's holding you back on that big idea you've been having?
This may be directed towards one person I don't know. I just feel prompted to ask..
Something that you've been thinking about lately. Something big that may have some risk involved or may be a bigger leap of faith than you're comfortable with.
What's holding you back?
Is it your own excuse?

Jeremiah 29:13

0 comments: