Into the Wild

A lot of folks have noticed me disappearing quite a bit lately. Some would say I'm busy. Most probably just think I'm inconsistant and therefore spiritually immature. Maybe this is true, but I don't entirely agree just yet. The only people who read this, are one or two people that go to First Baptist of Las Colinas. To them I say: I miss you dearly. I think about both of you for hours at a time every single day. Probably one of you more than I should be.  But I don't like the idea of being in a congregation where it's forbidden to think about another person of interest more than two seconds. I don't show up because I don't want any influence clouding my judgement on what's real and what isn't. On what's true and what's false. Sometimes I feel like I'm being brainwashed otherwise. Plus I always have to answer, "Where have you been?" and "How have you been?"

Well. I've been at home. And I've been very confused about a lot of things. I'm upset. Lonely. Frustrated. Annoyed. Paranoid. Worried. I can let them into my head and tell them every thing about ''How I have been" but no one wants to hear that. And if I do tell them, then I need to explain it all and I'm given solutions to fix myself.

NO!
I just need time.
And if I'm called out as inconsistent because I choose to not wear a mask and say, "I'm great, how are you?" -- Then so be it. I'm inconsistent.

Lately I've desired living off the grid where I don't feel poisoned by society or this world's influence of hatefulness and judgement towards each other. An influence that imposes and hovers. An influence that tells me who I am, what I'm worth, and within a society that shows nothing but judgement towards each other.  I mean.. why are we so hateful towards each other? I'd rather join a hippie congregation where we genuinely care for one another and at the same time aren't being titled as a bible thumping, brainwashing, judgmental, righteous person. Of course that's not what I am, but that's how the world sees us. That's how the world views Christians.

Am I in the wrong for wanting peace and love, as cliche as it sounds?

It brings me to tears on a daily basis being shoved into politics where I have to choose sides or religious views where I'm being told what to believe or I'm off to hell.  If I pick the wrong side I'm hated by the world. If I pick the RIGHT side, I'm hated by the other half of the world.

I don't like conflict. And I believe in Jesus. I know the bible tells me I'll be persecuted for His names sake, but it kills me inside every time I'm tagged as self-righteous and judgmental. I don't like conflict.. and being a Christian CAUSES conflict. So maybe I will stick to the only truths I know for sure, for now.

I have a long road ahead of me. A road full of different cultures and endless changing horizons to fulfill an adventurous spirit.


There is a pleasure in the pathless woods;
There is a rapture on the lonely shores;
There is society, where none intrudes,
By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more...
- Lord Byron


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeremy! We miss you at church because we love you, brother!

If you fear God, you need not fear anyone else. Decide what is right before Him; for at the end of your life, you aren't going to care one bit about the opinions of the world, your co-workers, or even mine. The opinions of man are fit for the garbage bin!

If you love Jesus, listen to Him. A good foundation: Matthew 5,6,7.

--Your friend